[bind10-dev] [refactor] ChangeLog category?

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Fri Jun 18 01:52:15 UTC 2010

When I updated ChangeLog for trac #200 (https://bind10.isc.org/ticket/200)
it occurred to me that "func" may not be a good category for this
change because it doesn't (and shouldn't) add any new feature.

In BIND 9 we would have called it "cleanup" (or sometimes even "bug",
which is overly abused).  While I generally refrain from adding a new
category without a strong reason, I guess this is probably something
we want to add.

And, if so, I wonder if "refactor" (or "refactoring") might be better
than "cleanup" because refactoring is a pretty well known term in
software development, and it would indicate the behavior doesn't
change more clearly than general terms like "cleanup".

Opinions?  My specific questions are
- should we add a new category for refactoring changes?
- if so, what should we call them?  cleanup or refactor(ing), or
  something else?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya