[bind10-dev] Question about config channel and another msgq channel

zhanglikun zlkzhy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 06:55:34 UTC 2010

> I try to let two threads share the same session, one thread recv in block
mode,
> anther thread send message over the session, but the sending thread will
be
> blocked since recv thread is holding the rlock of session.

I forget to mention my scenario.

Cmdctl start one thread to listen on the commands sent from other
modules(eg, 'shutdown' sent from Boss),
and the main thread of cmdctl will send the commands which are sent from
bindctl to proper modules.

> So my suggestion is:
> Create two locks for one session, one lock is used for read operation,
anther lock
> is used for write operation. Right?

If not, I have to let the started thread of cmdctl to listen in non-block
mode.

Zhang Likun