[bind10-dev] a bikeshed style question: parenthesize return values?

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isc.org
Wed Jun 23 16:52:09 UTC 2010

At Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:37:10 -0700,
JINMEI Tatuya <jinmei at isc.org> wrote:

> It's a very minor issue, but as a big fan of consistency I'd like to
> make it consistent in BIND 10 especially if it's a matter of
> preference.  It looks like it's (almost) only me who follows the BIND
> 9 style, and if so, I'm happy to switch to the "don't parenthesize"
> style.

Okay, just as with any bikeshed topic different people have different
opinions.

So, how can we move forward from here?  I hope we basically at least
agree the style should be consistent within BIND 10.  Evan and Michael
have a relatively stronger preference for "adding parentheses, so if
others can accept that style I'm fine with it.  Does anyone have an
objection to that?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya