[bind10-dev] Log messages and unused placeholders/parameters

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Tue Dec 20 16:24:02 UTC 2011

Hello

As talked in #1483, we have a code that passes more parameters than are actually
used in the message. This is convenient, as there's a common function that
passes everything to a logging call and is parametrized by the log message. Not
all messages use all the parameters.

This, however, produces warning messages in the output. So, the question is,
should we allow this (and remove the warning messages) or should we „fix“ the
code so the exact parameters are passed?

As for me, I don't care much about it. It would just be nice if we had a
consensus (which, as I saw on jabber, we don't).

Thanks

--
I never finish anyth

Michal 'vorner' Vaner