[bind10-dev] Reused parameters & doxygen

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Tue Dec 20 16:28:50 UTC 2011

Hello

We had a little disagreement about what is the right thing to do, when one
function acts mostly the same as another function, and takes similar/same
parameters.

I just wrote „this function works like the other, including parameters, with
these differences“. I believe it is the best thing to do, because the code is
like that, and if the code of first function changed, it would change the
behaviour of the second. But if we had two copies of the documentation, we could
forget to update it. However, it produces warnings from doxygen, which I
personally believe to be a bug of doxygen (it is true the parameters aren't
explicitly described, but following the warnings only makes the documentation
needlessly beurocratic and repetitive).

So, what do you think is the right way to solve this?

Thank you

--
No one is to look like a sock, understand?
			-- Archchancellor Ridcully

Michal 'vorner' Vaner