[bind10-dev] proposed change for configuring sqlite3 DB in the "from build" mode

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Tue Jan 4 16:15:51 UTC 2011

Hello

On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 07:57:25AM -0800, Jerry Scharf wrote:
> In my design for the command tool, I assumed that the choice of the
> database for auth server is a run time configuration command rather than
> a compiled in value. I was also told by Shane that this is configurable
> by zone rather than as a whole (which makes complete sense.)

Don't worry. This is only a debugging support. When the server is run from the
source tree (without installation), it has a different default path to the
database (which can be overwritten by configuration) than when it is installed.
It allows the software to be easily built and just run, without installation, to
speed up development. User should never come across it.

Have a nice day

--
Hello, I'm an extension to the infamous signature virus, called spymail.
Could you please copy me into your signature and send back what you were

Michal 'vorner' Vaner