[bind10-dev] hooks in recursive server processing (plus a general comment)

Likun Zhang zlkzhy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:56:45 UTC 2011

Hi Jerry,

I am not sure how much bind10 will win when restart one bind10 module for loading some external library here.

If we restart resolver, I am not sure whether we need to restruct resolver cache now, but If we need do it in the future, you have to fill up the cache again, it will cost some time.

If we restart auth server module, you have to rebuild the in-memory database for some zones.

But anyway it’s quite light enough, compared with the heavy restart of bind9.

Thanks

Likun