[bind10-dev] hooks in recursive server processing (plus a general comment)

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at nic.cz
Tue Jan 25 13:36:14 UTC 2011

Hello

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 08:56:45PM +0800, Likun Zhang wrote:
> I am not sure how much bind10 will win when restart one bind10 module for loading some external library here.

Actually, what I proposed was loading the libraries fully dynamically, which
means being able to unload and load the library fully at runtime. So if you
wanted to introduce new version of complicated ACLs you wrote in C++ to be fast
enough and do what you want, the resolver would only stop processing for a
moment, throw out the old version of library, load new one, plug it into the
place of the original one and continued without touching the cache at all.

There might be some more tricks, like keeping the old library until the new one
is loaded, being able to write the library in whatever language you like, and
fancy things like that. I still seem to come with more and more ideas about the
design, I really need to write it all down sometime soon and let you all tear it
apart to save my sanity and stop day-dreaming ;-).

Have a nice day

--
"It can be done in C++" says nothing. "It can be done in C++ easily" says nobody.

Michal 'vorner' Vaner