[bind10-dev] Windows support update

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Fri May 6 15:53:56 UTC 2011

I've finished all the easy part of src/lib, including some minor bugs.
Not or partially ported items are:
 - util/io (i.e., file descriptor transfer over PF_UNIX sockets)
 - util/unittest/fork.*
 - cc/session.* (using PF_UNIX sockets)
 - cc/tests (session part skipped)
 - xfr (using indirectly PF_UNIX sockets)
 - log/*log4cxx* (optional part of log)
I haven't yet looked at bin & co but only things using PF_UNIX sockets
and/or Unix authentication (e.g., python pwd module) should be redesigned
for Windows.
BTW I found a case where only Visual Studio 2008, 2010 or newer work,
so I gave up the idea to support Visual Studio 2005.

The whole stuff is in branch trac826, I just committed and push last
changes.

Regards

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>

PS: I'll try to improve the WIN32-NOTES file for porting effort
(today it is at 80% about how to use ported stuff, not how to port
new stuff).