[bind10-dev] Windows support update

Francis Dupont fdupont at isc.org
Sun May 8 08:04:56 UTC 2011

> Ah, so it's the compiler itself that is causing a problem, specific to
> C++. Nasty.

=> yes, MSVC is not a C++ compliant compiler (if such a thing exists,
I am not convince by the C++ standardization :-). For instance before
VS 2010 there is no stdint.h / cstdint...

Often C++ code is written for recent GCC so it should not be a surprise
it doesn't work for old C++ compilers, including old version of GCC BTW.

In our case it is not really a problem because there are some OS
dependencies too (e.g., IPv6) so it is expected to get recent C++
compilers. For Windows it means at least Vista or 2008 Server so
to require at least VS 2008 is not a shame.

Thanks

Francis Dupont <fdupont at isc.org>