Announcing DHCP 3.0rc1pl1...

Ted Lemon mellon at nominum.com
Wed Apr 18 19:19:39 UTC 2001

  *** From dhcp-announce -- To unsubscribe, see the end of this message. ***

I'm calling this 3.0rc1pl1 instead of 3.0rc2 because there are two
known bugs, but I'm releasing a patchlevel right now because it turns
out there's a bug that's quite significant for anybody who uses static
IP address assignment.   This bug has been around for quite some
time.

The release is in: ftp://ftp.isc.org/isc/dhcp

			       _MelloN_

		Changes since 3.0 Release Candidate 1

- Fix a small bug in binary-to-ascii, thanks to H. Peter Anvin of
  Transmeta.

- Fix a memory smash that happens when fixed-address leases are used.
  ANY SITE AT WHICH FIXED-ADDRESS STATEMENTS ARE BEING USED SHOULD
  UPGRADE IMMEDIATELY.   This has been a long-standing bug - thanks to
  Alvise Nobile for discovering it and helping me to find it!

- There is a known problem with the DHCP server doing failover on
  Compaq Alpha systems.   This patchlevel is not a release candidate
  because of this bug.   The bug should be straightforward to fix, so
  a new release candidate is expected shortly.

- There is a known problem in the DDNS update code that is probably a
  bug, and is not, as far as we know, fixed in this patchlevel.