More details -- Re: PXEBOOT confsued by dhcrelay -- two gids ?

Robinson Tiemuqinke hahaha_30k at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 22:05:43 UTC 2006

Hi,

 I've tried a dhcreplay 3.0.2 which comes with Fedora
Core 4 but no help, though the real server is still
3.0.1 unchanged.

 I tried to tcpdump packets on dhc relay server and
found that the PXE clients sending all tftp ethernet
frames to dhc relay server's MAC address, not to the
default router's MAC address directly!! So even the IP
layer the destination address is correct (IP of tftp
server), but the MAC level is wrong -- PXE clients
assumes there are two routers in a row with DHCRELAY
at the first.

 So There is definitly something wrong with the dhcp
packets. either the packets are wrong or pxe clients
interpret them in a wrong way.

 More details are available in request, please help.