PXEBOOT confsued by dhcrelay -- two gids ?

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Apr 5 22:55:59 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 02:35:23PM -0700, Robinson Tiemuqinke wrote:
>  My Broadcom gigabit NIC's PXEBOOT was confsued by ISC
> dhcrelay. it interpreted the DHCP OFFER as having two
> gid IPs: First is the IP of DHCRELAY server, then
> comes the real router IP defined in dhcpd.conf.

...And is that actually appearing in the packet output by
dhcrelay?  Received by dhcrelay?

You were tcpdumping on the relay...ignore tftp for the
time being.  Look at dhcp:

  tcpdump -s 1500 -vvv -len udp port bootpc or udp port bootps

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."