DHCP server: how can I guarantee the reserved ip even it's also inside the range

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Apr 19 18:34:33 UTC 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 01:40:55PM -0400, King, Michael wrote:
> > This will cause less confusion when 3.1.0 comes out with
> > support for both 'reserved dynamic leases' and 'static leases'.
>
> Hmm.......   That sounds veerrry intresting.
>
> Reserved dynamic leases is what most people making this assumptions are
> trying to accomplish anyways.

Probably, I'm also trying to sync up with that nomenclature.  It's
equivalent to what other pieces of software call reservations.

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dhcp-server&m=113328852713059&w=2

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."