DHCP server: how can I guarantee the reserved ip even it's also inside the range

Tian Tian tiantianml at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 20 18:09:03 UTC 2006

David, Simon, Glenn and Michael,

Thank you all for your information!

The conclusion could be the following (please correct
me If I am wrong):

   1. the Reserved dynamic leases may be ready
      at version 3.1.0.

   2. To achieve my current case now (required for
      easy-of-use), the only way is:
      ">You *must* change your range to exclude the
      reserved IP address."

      That means: I have to chop the rang to
      isolate out the reservation that may make
      my dhcpd.conf to be kind of mess and
      there is no longer consistent with
      the GUI interface anymore.???

   3. Sure, I will change the host statements to
      be global. Thanks!

Any more alternative way? For example, a simple change
in the Daemon code?

Thank you very much again!

TT