dhcp-client passing ISP dsn info to dhcpd

fbsd fbsd at a1poweruser.com
Thu Apr 27 16:07:12 UTC 2006

I use Adelphia cable as my ISP.
They are the only provider in my local area who
provides 1mb bandwidth as part of standard home rate.

So I have to learn to deal with then changing the
ip address of their dns boxes every 3 months or so.

This is way cheaper than leased line from phone company for
fractional bandwidth.
My home is too far from substation for DSL, and dialup 56k just
plain sucks.

Your solution of changing ISP's is not a viable solution for me.
Things in life are not black or white but allways a shade of gray.
I am happy for you that you are satisified with your ISP's
bandwidth.