feature request: switch to run exit scripts without releasing IP

Tomas Pospisek tpo2 at sourcepole.ch
Mon Dec 4 11:08:33 UTC 2006

Since there was no feedback to my last mail "dhclient running exit-scripts when
told to deregister only" [1], supposedly because it was too long, I'll try
again:

would it be possible to add a commandline switch to dhclient, say "-x", that
would terminate the dhclilent process, run the exit scripts but _not_ release
the
IP?

Rationale, the respective patch, and details of this feature request can be
found
in [1].

Thanks,
*t