status update

SCOTT BURGIN SBURGIN at salliemae.com
Mon Dec 11 21:35:15 UTC 2006

Hello.  Running V3.0.4 server on RHEL.

We have a remote site using PXE to image workstations.
What we're seeing is the initial PXE boot (with a certain uid) is
causing a lease to be written to the leases file as active.
After the image is laid down and the machine boots the second time, the
machine sends another Discover using a different uid, getting a
different lease.

I understand this is correct behavior per RFC, but have read that this
is widely acknowledged to be an implementation PIA.
What's fuzzy to me after searching the archives is what everyone agrees
to be options currently to this dilemna for me.
I've heard of patches, but can't seem to find them...other options ?