Interested in DHCPv6?

Kevin Dierking Kevin.Dierking at arrisi.com
Mon Jul 3 15:23:50 UTC 2006

The KAME project is complete, WIDE took the KAME source tree and is
currently enhancing the wireless IPV6 portion, as I understand it.
I guess I still call it KAME because the FreeBSD ports do!
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=dhcp6&stype=all&sektion=all

Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au>
Sent by: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org
06/30/2006 08:40 PM
Please respond to
dhcp-users at isc.org

dhcp-users at isc.org
cc

Subject
Re: Interested in DHCPv6?

KAME seems to have been subsumed into wide-DHCPv6, though people using
it still seem to call it KAME and the KAME people are still active.
Could be wrong there, it's all a bit confusing. There does seem to be
working code in their so-called "snaps". Perhaps Kvin Dierking can
elaborate? See:

   www.kame.net
   http://wide-dhcpv6.sourceforge.net/

The NEC DHCPv6 server seems to have become "dhcpv6" on Linux. See:

   www.dhcpv6.org
   http://dhcpv6.sourceforge.net/

Nothing non-commercial seems to support DDNS *at all* except Dibbler,
and most of that is currently vapourware. What there is is in the
Dibbler client. There are indications that further work is under way,
but there's a long way to go. Dibbler is interesting because it has a
WindowsXP client, as well as very portable server code. See:

   http://klub.com.pl/dhcpv6/
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/dibbler/

There is some old source from the dead Hycomat project lying around that
looks interesting, but only for people prepared to hack a LOT:

   http://www.hycomat.co.uk/dhcp/

The only commercial server I have so far found (with or without DDNS) is
Cisos CNR. I'd welcome any other pointers.

While DDNS is not absolutely essential for our initial program, we
definitely need it for production.

Regards, K.

Karl Auer (kauer at biplane.com.au)                   +61-2-64957160 (w/h)

"This communication is for use by the intended recipient(s) only and may
contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from
disclosure or unauthorized use under applicable law. If you are not an
intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this document or
information contained in this document is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify me by reply e-mail or
fax, permanently delete this communication from your system, and destroy
any hardcopies you may have printed. *This communication is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521."