omshell failover-state confusion [was: partner-address]

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Wed Jun 21 14:43:28 UTC 2006

Can anyone tell me how to interpret the "local-address" and
"partner-address" parameters reported by omshell for the "failover-state"
object?

I would ordinarily assume the colon-separated hex values would be the IP
Addresses of each machine, but the output I am getting doesn't even come
close to what my actual IP Addresses are, and therein lies the confusion.

please help please!

--
Gordon A. Lang