omshell failover-state confusion [was: partner-address]

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Jun 24 16:40:27 UTC 2006

Hi Gordon,

I seem to remember this being mentioned once before. I don't recall the
answer, but you may find something in the archives.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dhcp-server&m=99866681128606&w=2

hmm, and the answer was not terribly helpful :)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=dhcp-server&m=99866986408218&w=2

I started looking at the source but you quickly get bogged down. I did
confirm by using a packet sniffer that the data on the network
corresponds to what omshell prints out, so omshell itself seems to be
clear - it must be a problem with the way data is being stored or
returned within the failover or omapi parts of dhcpd itself I think.

regards,
-glenn