Problem with abandoned leases

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Sat Mar 11 03:59:44 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:30:39PM +1100, Bradley Baetz wrote:
> I'm guessing something related to the EXPIRED changes for failover,
> combined with the upgrade now treating those differently - did the
> expired leases end up moving into abandoned on upgrade, or something?

No, the changes caused leases in those states to get transmitted on the
failover wire...the result of this is that the two servers negotiate
those leases into FREE (they may then be allocated to BACKUP if the need
arises).

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."