Problem with abandoned leases

Bradley Baetz bradley.baetz at optusnet.com.au
Sat Mar 11 04:24:28 UTC 2006

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 03:59:44AM +0000, David W. Hankins wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 12:30:39PM +1100, Bradley Baetz wrote:
> > I'm guessing something related to the EXPIRED changes for failover,
> > combined with the upgrade now treating those differently - did the
> > expired leases end up moving into abandoned on upgrade, or something?
>
> No, the changes caused leases in those states to get transmitted on the
> failover wire...the result of this is that the two servers negotiate
> those leases into FREE (they may then be allocated to BACKUP if the need
> arises).

It started happening the day of the upgrade (from graphs of the number
of leases) although we only ran out of IPs a couple of days later. Could
be coincidence, but for that to happen to two CMs, from different pools,
at the same time....

Some smi-invalid state change after one machine had been upgraded and the
other wasn't upgraded til 20-30 minutes later?

Bradley