XP clients sometimes ignore DHCPOFFERs

Corey Gillespie coreyg at iowatelecom.com
Tue Mar 21 17:34:58 UTC 2006

I've taken a different approach to this issue with win32 dhcp clients.
  All of our clients get addresses that are forwarded by cisco
dhcp-helper.  I set the dhcp-server option to the ip address of the
client machine's gateway, which seems to universally solve problems with
Windows machines ignoring offers for a lease (windows firewalls present
a different problem).  I'm not sure why at the moment, but setting the
broadcast address of your routers to 255.255.255.255 seems like a bad idea.

--
Corey Gillespie			Desk:	641-269-7599
Systems Engineer		Cell:	641-990-5217
Iowa Telecom			coreyg at iowatelecom.com