compatibilty RedHat dhcp-server with ISC dhcp-server

Berg, M. van den mvdberg at nlr.nl
Mon Nov 6 08:38:48 UTC 2006

Hello,

Momentarily we ar running two dhcp-server ISC version 3.0.4 (with failover) on Redhat Linux 9.0 on very old hardware.
We are in the transition to move the servers to new hardware with RedHat AS 4. The latest release dhcp-server on RedHat
is dhcp-3.0.1-58.EL4
Unfortunary we cannot replace the old hardware with the new hardware in one move. So it is necessary that for some time
the ISC version 3.0.4 must work together in failover mode with RedHat's  dhcp-3.0.1-58.EL4.

Is that possible?

With wich ISC version is dhcp-3.0.1-58.EL4 compatible?

--
Meindert van den Berg