address pools

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Nov 17 12:17:18 UTC 2006

>From: "Chris Miller" <Chris at InfoGreat.com>
>To: <dhcp-users at isc.org>
>Subject: RE: address pools
>
>Hi Glenn,
>
>Thanks.
>
>You've answered many questions and raised a few.  Brief answers are probably
>all that is necessary.  If I can get an answer to the first question, then I
>may even be able to find my own answers to the rest...

Hi Chris

It seems that your questions have been answered by a few others. The
only other piece I think you're missing is some further documentation,
so here's the list of all the man pages that come with dhcpd:

omshell.1
dhclient-script.1m
dhclient.1m
dhcpd.1m
dhcrelay.1m
dhcpctl.3
omapi.3
omshell.3
dhclient.conf.4
dhclient.leases.4
dhcp-eval.4
dhcp-options.4
dhcpd.conf.4
dhcpd.leases.4

The ones you probably need to look into are dhcp-options which covers
the parameters that can be sent between client and server, and
dhcp-eval which covers all the manipulations and operators in the dhcpd
syntax.

regards,
-glenn
--