Failover question

Lars Jacobsen lj at sydfynsel.dk
Fri Oct 6 10:05:18 UTC 2006

Planning to run a failover setup and reading the man pages I saw there
need to be a "split statement" defining witch server responds to the
request.

But does this also mean that the servers "share" the pool between them
and keeps each other informed/in sync about witch leases they have
handed out?

This I because I plan to have a pools down to just 1 IP address and thus
if the secondary has handed out the lease how does it show on the
primary?

Links to state transition diagrams and descriptions on failover setups
are appreciated to clear my understanding.

Thanks

Lars Jacobsen