Failover question

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Oct 6 17:55:26 UTC 2006

On Fri, Oct 06, 2006 at 12:05:18PM +0200, Lars Jacobsen wrote:
> But does this also mean that the servers "share" the pool between them
> and keeps each other informed/in sync about witch leases they have
> handed out?

The best ("only") way to understand the failover protocol currently
is to read the failover draft.

In 3.0.x, it is present in the doc/ subdirectory.

In 3.1.x, a 'References' document in the doc/ subdirectory refers
to a URL at www.isc.org.

Reading failover's section in the References document may not be a
bad idea as it points out the few places and ways we currently
diverge.

--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email training at isc.org.