BNDUPD with CHADDR

Aaron Bennett abennett at clarku.edu
Thu Oct 12 20:36:52 UTC 2006

hello,

First of all a disclaimer: This is an attempted migration, leases,
config, and all, from Win2K to ISC 3.0.4.  It's likely I've got some
bugs in the two perl scripts  (one to migrate the config, one to migrate
the leases).  That being disclaimed, when I restart my new ISC primary
node, I get many, many lines like this:

Oct 12 16:29:12 jake dhcpd: bind update on 10.9.11.16 from failover
rejected: BNDUPD without CHADDR

What's odd about that is I have ddns-update-style none set at the top of
dhcpd.conf; why is it trying a bind update?  Any ideas which one of the
doubtless many things I did wrong are causing this?

Thanks!

- Aaron

--
Aaron Bennett