DHCPrelay can't receive reply from the server

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 06:55:03 UTC 2007

jgomez at infoweapons.com wrote:

>The client can't acquire an Ip address.. The relay agent can relay the
>message to the server, but the the relay agent can't receive the reply
>from the server.

>Can anybody help me in finding what's the possible solution?

Got wireshark or tcpdump installed ?
If not, then that's your first step.

Follow the packets and see where they are ACTUALLY going which may
not be the same as where the logs show. You need to follow the
packets and see where exactly they are stopping.

Do you have any firewalls configured on these interfaces ? Are they
configured to let the packets through ?

Is your dhcp config right ? Post the whole file and we can look it
over - I can see one thing wrong just in your extract which could be
enough for a client to ignore an offer.