Having Trouble with "set statements =" in omshell

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Fri Apr 13 18:27:25 UTC 2007

	While using omshell to dynamically define groups, I am
having trouble with the statements directive.  It works until
one uses something that needs to be quoted such as

	   option dhcp-client-identifier "CLIENT-FOO";

	Since the statements string is, itself in quotes, what
sort of escape works to differentiate the literal quotes in the
option statement from the quotes around the string?

	So far, the usual shell escapes like \" or 'some string'
haven't worked.  Should they work?  If the answer is yes, then I
have some other syntax problem such as a bad expect script.  So
far, nothing has worked and one needs to be able to quote strings
to define many of the parameters in a group declaration.

	Any ideas, references, suggestions, etc are most welcome.

I think I've seen every parsing error omshell has plus one of my
syntax attempts succeeded in making dhcpd dump core.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer