dhcpinform request from Vista gets wrong Name servers

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Wed Aug 15 19:55:14 UTC 2007

David W. Hankins wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 08:54:30PM +0200, Sten Carlsen wrote:
>
>> How about going from general  to specific?
>>

> This doesn't solve the OP's problem, it just moves it to the
> opposite end - Vista clients that are on the production network
> would do DHCPINFORMs and get the non-production values.

Maybe I misunderstood? I understood the problem so that DHCPOFFER gives
the correct values and DHCPINFORM gives wrong values.

If that is correct, my proposal will solve the problem. DHCPOFFER taking
values from the options in the subnet declaration (or range) and the
DHCPINFORM takes the values from the general options. So matching
DHCPINFORM to the range its address belongs to and using those values
should work.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen