the directory of dhcpd.conf and dhcpd.leases

DA Ming Ming.Da at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Tue Dec 4 03:54:56 UTC 2007

Hello all

I want to change the directory of dhcpd.conf and dhcpd.leases and put
these two files into a customized directory (e.g. /tmp).

I modified the dhcpd.h where Default path to dhcpd config files are
defined

#ifdef DEBUG

#undef _PATH_DHCPD_CONF

#define _PATH_DHCPD_CONF    "/tmp/dhcpd.conf"

#undef _PATH_DHCPD_DB

#define _PATH_DHCPD_DB        "/ tmp/dhcpd.leases"

#undef _PATH_DHCPD_PID

#define _PATH_DHCPD_PID       "/ tmp/dhcpd.pid"

#else

#ifndef _PATH_DHCPD_CONF

#define _PATH_DHCPD_CONF    "/ tmp/dhcpd.conf"

#endif

#ifndef _PATH_DHCPD_DB

#define _PATH_DHCPD_DB        "/ tmp/dhcpd.leases"

#endif

#ifndef _PATH_DHCPD_PID

#define _PATH_DHCPD_PID       "/ tmp/dhcpd.pid"

#endif

#endif

And I copy manually these two files into the folder '/tmp' and delete
them in the folder '/usr/sbin/'. Unfortunately, when I ran the program,
it always said that dhcpd.conf and dhcpd.leases can not be found.

When I copy them back into the '/usr/sbin', the program can run
successfully!

How could I do to meet my requirements? Which files should be modified?

Thank you for your response to this urgent problem!

Best Regards!

DA MING

( 25-84731240-5109 / (Alcanet) 2735-5109

Ming.Da at alcatel-sbell.com.cn