related to leases...........need help plzz....

hitesh sharma hitesh at elitecore.com
Wed Feb 7 06:33:08 UTC 2007

From: hitesh sharma=0D
Date: 02/06/07 11:27:49=0D
To: dhcp-users at isc.org=0D
Subject: related to leases...........=0D
 =0D
 thanks a lot to ur reply .......=0D
                             actualiy , i want to know that , =0D
 1>  when i am using fixed address (leases statement inside the .conf fil=
e),
then how to limit this address , i.e. if i want to use fixed address at
certain time? =0D
   2>  if , i want that , if my machine is using fixed address , but when
any server comes inro lan , it should detect that server , and produce
request for leases.=0D
 3>   In case of fixed address, the renew , expire and rebind statement i=
compulsory ? =0D
        can i declare leases statement without that ? if not , then what =
is
significance of them? =0D
 4>   i face one more problem , when i release the one of the leases (eth=
0
/eth1), by using  -r flag , then after sometime , it also take the leases
from server.=0D
        so , how to avoid leases , when one of the or both interface don'=
want  leases , but even need to be in lan?=0D
6>    when i m releasing the lease , and i want message related to that i=
=2Ee.
message no. 7 , then , how to get it ?=0D
7>    in  /var/lib/dhcp ,  in .leases file , it will comntain all leases =
,
or only those are valid ?=0D
 8>    we know that , at the 50 % time of  leases, client  try the renew =
it=20
 if it successes in that , remaining   50%  leases first will use by clie=
nt=20
 then new allocated leases , or , client will use new leases , n but
remaining 50% leases in leases database.=0D
     =0D
                                                      eagerly waiting for=
 ur
reply=0D