How to configure multiple ipaddress per mac address

Ligesh myself at ligesh.com
Thu Feb 22 17:32:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 01:12:18PM -0400, Bruce Hudson wrote:
>     The protocol certainly supports multiple IP address per ethernet card.
> The limitation is that it only supports a single IP address per "primary
> key". This key is either the ethernet address (the most commonly used
> default) or a specified client identifier.
>
>     What you need is a client that specifies a different client identifier
> for each virtual interface. If you want to assign fixed IP addresses then
> your host declarations (1 per virtual interface despite the name) would
> specify the client identifiers instead of a hardware address.
> --

 OK, so simply coma separated ipaddress for each mac won't work. :-) Anyway, do you have any idea whether windows supports this? I have been searching around in google, but couldn't find any info on multiple ips per ethernet card setups. It seems to be rare, especially considering that redhat explicitly doesn't support it. Anyway, could you point me to some documentation regarding this kind of setup, especially where MS windows is the client?

 Thanks.