FPAD packets killing server?

Paul Keck pkeck at uga.edu
Mon Feb 26 15:54:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 09:23:19PM +1100, Glenn Satchell wrote:
> You definitely need to upgrade to a newer version of ISC DHCPD. 3.0pl2
> is about 6-7 years old bow, with only 2 security fixes since then. Even
> 3.0.1 is about 4 years old, so neither of those is a reasonable
> candidate.

Thanks Glenn!  The server is a RHEL 4 box and 3.0.1 is apparently what Red
Hat approves for that version.  The sysadmins generally don't run anything
until Red Hat releases it, but I guess I'll have to ask them to bend on
this.  Where would you suggest they get an RPM for it?  They REALLY don't
like running specially compiled packages- interferes with their mass
management model.

Are you thinking there is a specific fix that went in for this, or is this
more of a "nobody is seeing this in current versions, so we must have fixed
it somewhere along the line"?

> The only statement you might like to add is 'authoritative' since the
> default behaviour changed somewhere along the way.

We are already authoritative so that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks again!

--
Paul Keck       pkeck at uga.edu         http://www.arches.uga.edu/~pkeck
University of Georgia                 http://www.uga.edu/ucns/telecom
EITS Network Engineering              mailto:pkeck at ediacara.org
    --Opinions mine.--                Go fighting anomalocaridids!!!