Why leases are not renewed always via dhcp-relay ?

Sébastien CRAMATTE s.cramatte at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 6 14:27:41 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've got some problems with DHCP relay

I'm running  Arris CMTS C3 to manage cable modems. This one act as my
dhcp relay agent.
My dhcp server assign private IP for modems and public to the CPE  (end
user computer).

When I connect a new user  cable modem and cpe  obtain IPs via Dhcp
Relay as expected

But when it's time to renew the lease, the server renew the IP directly
bypassing the dhcp relay

It's very strange ?
I want to force to use  dhcp relay  in every case ... I need option 82
datas so when a lease is renewed directly I loose these datas
Any ideas or configuration tips ?

Regards