ISC DHCPD giving out reserved IPs for non-reserved hosts

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Fri Jul 6 20:29:46 UTC 2007

It's possible you are seeing normal behavior.  If you are using host
declarations
to attempt to reserve addresses, you are under a misimpression.  Host
declarations
do not reserve addresses; they merely tell the server to give a certain
answer when they receive a certain MAC address.
You reserve addresses by leaving them out of the configured ranges
that are dynamically allocated.

John Wobus