configuration for different networks

Sten Carlsen sten at s-carlsen.dk
Thu Jul 26 16:03:22 UTC 2007

You probably want to check the man pages for "dhclient-enter-hooks".

I have in my dhclient-enter-hooks:
#  /etc/dhclient-enter-hooks
#  This file should stop some of the damage done by dhclient.

function make_resolv_conf() { return; }

function make_ntp_conf() { return; }

The function "make_resolv_conf()" replaces the built-in function that
writes out a new resolv.conf when receiving the packet from the server.

The last function "make_ntp_conf()" is not standard, but made by my self
to avoid dhclient tampering with my ntp.conf. This should be standard
but that is a different discussion.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen