vista, dns woes ?

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Tue Jun 5 17:32:44 UTC 2007

> Has anyone had any problem regarding VISTA and DNS servers ? Our dhcp
> configuration is set up so that unregistered (unknown) clients get dns
> servers that resolve only to our registration system. We've done it this
> way for years with few problems.

    We've done the same thing for years and I've had this problem reported
by our help desk as well. Some unregistered Vista systems (apparently not
all) were getting the wrong DNS servers.

    I've not yet gotten by hands on one of the offenders long enough to do
a proper analysis of the problem so I do not know if it was related to
DHCPINFORM packets or not. I'd be interested if you discover anything more.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
UCIS, Networks and Systems		|