Converting from load sharing to stand alone

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Sat Jun 9 00:26:18 UTC 2007

>Subject: Converting from load sharing to stand alone
>Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 12:06:46 -0700
>From: "Ian Anderson" <Ian.Anderson at clearwire.com>
>To: <dhcp-users at isc.org>
>
>We are having some problems with our dhcp servers in a failover setup.  Our
managment has asked me to convert the failover setup to a stand alone.  (Against
my better judgment) I know dhcpd.leaes keeps track of every ip address for both
peers, but are their any pitfalls I should be aware of when converting to this?
My plan was to copy the dhcpd.leases file from the current primary server, and
remove the "failover" stanzas that dictate what state each peer is in.  I know
there are additional fields for each lease, but my hope is dhcp will recognize
this field as not needed and simply ignore it.  Is this correct, or am I biting
off more than I can chew?

Don't even need to do that. Remove or comment out the failover peer
statements in dhcpd.conf. When you restart dhcpd it will sort out the
leases file.

regards,
-glenn