Leasequery and fixed-address

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Mon Jun 25 21:19:27 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 03:29:21PM +0200, Stéphane Brot wrote:
> Would it be possible to answer DHCPLEASEACTIVE if the query match the host declaration from the config file ?

There's a hash table that gives us host {} records by hardware address.

There's a hash table that gives us host {} records by client id.

In 4.0.0, there's even a new linked list of hash tables that can give
us a host {} record based upon arbitrary DHCP packet contents (option
values)...which I don't remember if we backported to DHCPv4 or not.

But there is no way, presently, to get a host {} record from an IP
address, so we didn't do that.

We're rather hoping that, with the availability of a better way to
set leases reserved (some day), that reserved dyanmic leases would do
what folks need here, and leave host {} fixed-address'es more or less
alone.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
				 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/