dhcp-users Digest V2 #80

DOYLE FOSTER DFOSTER at salliemae.com
Fri Mar 30 21:11:54 UTC 2007

Simon Hobson wrote:
>  Now that's interesting. The CLIENT has requested a different address and as it's available it's been acked. I see also that failover is in use here, are you sure that both servers are fully in sync ?

How do I check to insure that my server are in sync, and are kept in sync?  I understood that the 2 server in failover mode would split the leases and should not hand out a different address to the same machine.

So are you suggesting that the machine gets an offer from each server, and one time accepts one and another time the other?   My workstation for example get the same address on every reboot, but I'm not using the PXE boot process.

Doyle Foster
Data Communications Engineer
Sallie Mae
Network Services