dhcpd performance?

Bruce Hudson Bruce.Hudson at Dal.Ca
Tue May 1 20:03:04 UTC 2007

> Preaching to the choir, my friend. ;-)  Unfortunately, I don't have
> enough political clout to stop/change the VoIP deployment.  Think 1000
> phones (or more) rebooting all at once.

    Use "ping-check off" in the config.

    Use fixed IP addresses if possible since these are not written to
	the lease file.

    Make sure you buffer your syslog output or the syncs will kill you.

    Throw lots of hardware at the server like write-through a disk
	cache.
--
Bruce A. Hudson				| Bruce.Hudson at Dal.CA
UCIS, Networks and Systems		|