Duplicate lease, different ip.

Douglas Power dpower at fnb.co.za
Thu May 3 05:16:18 UTC 2007

Hi.

I have applied the patch from <http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/~didi/dhcp/> to
V3.1.0a3 and this fixes the duplicate but I am unable to start the
service through init.d as it gives me a usage error:

Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server V3.1.0a3
Copyright 2004-2007 Internet Systems Consortium.
All rights reserved.
Usage: dhcpd [-p <UDP port #>] [-d] [-f]
             [-cf config-file] [-lf lease-file]
                   [-tf trace-output-file]
                   [-play trace-input-file]
             [-t] [-T] [-s server] [if0 [...ifN]]

If you did not get this software from ftp.isc.org, please
get the latest from ftp.isc.org and install that before
requesting help.

If you did get this software from ftp.isc.org and have not
yet read the README, please read it before requesting help.
If you intend to request help from the dhcp-server at isc.org
mailing list, please read the section on the README about
submitting bug reports and requests for help.

Please do not under any circumstances send requests for
help directly to the authors of this software - please
send them to the appropriate mailing list as described in
the README file.

It works fine if I start it manually without the -chroot option which I
am not happy about as it isn't secure enough. I will let you know if I
can figure this out. If you have any suggestions they would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards,

Doug.

--
Douglas Power <dpower at fnb.co.za>
FNB

To read FirstRand Bank's Disclaimer for this email click on the following address or copy into your Internet browser:
https://www.fnb.co.za/disclaimer.html

firstrandbankdisclaimer at fnb.co.za and we will send you a copy of the Disclaimer.