Vista doesn't ack dhcp offer

Doug Tucker tuckerd at engr.smu.edu
Fri Sep 21 19:51:32 UTC 2007

If anyone is interested, we found it.  Our gateway router had filters on
it to allow 80, 443, 21, 22...and then deny everything else.  We added an
allow for dhcp, and wallah, everything is working.  What still has us
scratching our heads, and why we kept ruling that out, is even with the
filter in place, dhcp still worked, as long as the client dind't have the
broadcast flag set.  Makes no sense to me, either dhcp is blocked or it
isn't I would think, reguardless of broadcast client flag.  Thanks to all.