Tool for DHCP pool statistics/monitoring

Trond Hasle Amundsen t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no
Mon Apr 14 12:15:16 UTC 2008

Hi,

This is an announcement of sorts.

I've searched and looked for a tool that lets me monitor DHCP pools,
and possibly get a notification before the pool is full and users
start complaining. But without luck, so I decided to make my own. I'm
making the script publicly available, in case someone else is
interested:

  http://folk.uio.no/trondham/software/dhcpd-pool.html

The script (written in perl) reads dhcpd.conf and dhcpd.leases, and
will output statistics for each subnet and pool. It can also function
as a Nagios service and Munin plugin. Details on the web page above.

It can possibly be extended to do more.

The script is completely safe and doesn't try to do nasty stuff. Let
me know if you like it and/or have feature requests, patches etc.

Cheers,
--
Trond H. Amundsen <t.h.amundsen at usit.uio.no>
Center for Information Technology Services, University of Oslo