Support for DHCPV6 and CCC options for PacketCable 1.x Devices

John Jason Brzozowski john_brzozowski at cable.comcast.com
Tue Apr 22 11:23:47 UTC 2008

Folks,

Wanted to send a quick note before I went off and invested lots of time to
try and figure this out.  It seems unlikely that this is supported but I
thought it would be prudent to ask.

As part of the DOCSIS 3.0 and related efforts the ability to transmit the
CCC options (DHCPv4 equivalent is Option 122) care of DHCPv6 was introduced.
Some of these options like sub-option 1 and sub-option 2 are IPv4 addresses
of DHCPv4 server used by the MTA for provisioning.

I wish to be able to do this using the ISC DHCPv6 server.

Has anyone ventured into this territory or know if it is even supported?

Regards,

John
John Jason Brzozowski (CISSP, RHCT)
Comcast Corporation