tuning for maximum dhcp performance

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Fri Apr 25 21:58:25 UTC 2008

Dan, are you sure you have the RAID controller cache activated (write
back) on the leases array? I noticed performance similar to that of a
RAM drive (single CPU limited) when I enabled this option on our Dell
servers... At least, that's how I remember it....

You might want to look a ways back for the posts with the subject:
"Watching performance on a DHCP Server"... may of the latter posts are
by people who didn't read the thread's beginnings and didn't really seem
to get the point, but the bulk of the thread seems to pertains to
exactly what you're asking and looking for.

http://marc.info/?t=119498963900004&r=2&w=2

-Blake