DHCP client how to make it pose as windows dhcp client

Arup Malakar amalakar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 10:10:07 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Lars Jacobsen <lars-jacobsen at newmail.dk>
wrote:

> Have you tried releasing the IP form Windows before requesting IP from
> Linux. Or let the lese time out. If neigher worksy you should contact the
> ISP to hear if they may have something misconfigured.

I haven't tried releasing the ip from windows, which I will try and let you
know. As I have heard from other users of the ISP it seems the ISP have
mis-configured the dhcp server and other users are also facing the same
problem. They have tried mailing the customer care, but their customer care
is shit and there is no way I could make the ISP change the configuration.
And I don't have the option of going for another ISP either.  So the only
way is to pose as a windows machine and get connected.

Regards,
Arup Malakar